John Devane

Landline: 01189 541 338 | Mobile: 07884 065 057

Send us an email:

Electrical testing & EICR reports in Reading and the RG postcode area

Note: Amendment 3 came into force 1st July 2015 New consumer units for domestic installations now have to comply from 1st January 20area16. Essentially new fuse boards must be be metal not plastic.....or I guess you could enclose a plastic one inside a metal cupboard. All to do with containing fires caused by electrical faults inside the fuse board (consumer unit)

JD Electrics carry out full landlord electrical inspections which are cost effective and especially recommended for those buying or selling a property 

An EICR - Electrical Inspection Condition Report - is a minimum seven-page report comprising a checklist of all relevant BS7671 Regulations with which the property electrics must comply 

All circuits are tested. A test sheet is included in the test report and any observations coded C1 immediate danger C2 potentially dangerous and C3 improvement recommended

The EICR - Electrical testing - is an important thorough check of your fixed wiring in both domestic and commercial electrical installations. Please remember if you do not have the results of a previous test and/or wiring diagrams then a great deal of time is required to determine the detail of each circuit. The main reason for Fixed wiring testing is to ensure your electrical installation is safe and fit for purpose. Electrical testing is an essential task and can be difficult so it’s necessary to let a professional do it. The EICR - electrical inspection condition report -  is a legal document verifying the condition of the electrical installation at the time of testing

JD Electrics - EICR Reports and Electrical testing...

An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) will reveal if any circuits are being overloaded, locate any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards in an installation, identify and defective DIY work, or highlight any lack of earthing or bonding

JD Electrics carry out domestic and commercial electrical testing throughout the RG postcode area. A high proportion of our work is within the rental market, we work closely with landlords and letting agents offering advice and speedy cost effective repairs, as well as Inspection and Testing 


Prices range for a full EICR from £175 for a standard 2 bedroom property

JD Electrics are fully qualified and insured to carry out your Inspection and Testing. C&G 2394/5 and Certsure registered ELECSA / NIC  

Call us now 07884 065 057 or land line 0118 9541 338

Electrician emergency upgrade fuse box RG Berkshire



There are many different reasons for commissioning an Electrical Report and it is advisable to speak to a qualified electrician so you can decide what type of report you need. The most common one is for a home buyer.

Why would I need a Home Buyer Electrical Report?

It is advisable to check the electrical installations are safe for you and your family before you move in. If you plan to buy a house that is less than 10 years old and has no extensions or very little DIY  the electrics are likely to be OK and an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) may be sufficient. If the house has been lived in by someone who is keen on DIY, where there have been renovations, extensions, home improvements and the property is more than 10 years old it is advisable for the electrics to be fully inspected. A qualified electrician will identify any electrical deficiencies and tell you what repairs need to be done straight away and which are less urgent.  You can then discuss any cost implications with the electrician.

What about rented properties?

If you are a landlord then you must have the electrics in your property inspected by a qualified electrician to ensure they are suitable. The inspection should be done every 5 years though the electrician may advise a re-inspection sooner. However the inspection has to be done for each new tenancy in case the previous tenant caused any damage to the wiring.

What is a qualified electrician?

It is important that electrical installation work is carried out only by those who have the correct skills and experience.  Any electrical work undertaken must follow certain rules, these rules are called Part P of building regulations. Electricity can be dangerous – Part P qualified electricians have the knowledge to avoid dangers to themselves and to others.  It is strongly recommended that you use an Electrician who is also registered with one of the government-approved schemes to carry out any electric installation work that you need doing. Their work conforms to the UK national standard, BS 7671 - Requirements for Electrical Installations.


You need to check your chosen electrician is Part P qualified and registered - JD Electrics - John Devane Certsure Registered ELECSA / NIC